There are very few things for which I will drag myself out of bed at 4 am. Nursing a baby, running a marathon, and seeing President Hinckley speak are the only ones that readily come to mind. Shopping at Kohl's is not on the list. I hate that store. To me it is just another Mervyn's or Penney's but with higher prices (unless you are a Retired Person, in which case just shop there on Wednesdays and you're set!). And frankly, shopping at any store is not on that list. I tried the 5 am shopping extravaganza one year and struck out big time. I vowed never to give up my precious sleep for that cause again.
But there were a few items I really wanted to get my girls and they were cheap so ...
D and I took the kiddies around noon, stopped at Wendy's for a quick lunch on the way, leisurely strolled through Target where the power shoppers must have run out of steam. The item I wanted wasn't there--I didn't expect it to be--but rain checks were in full force, so I got 5 of them (my mother-in-law wanted 4 Leapfrog Word-Whammers which were 60% off). I also got a bike I've been eyeing for Smidget.
Then we drove a few blocks to Toys R Us, a store I loathe, but which lured me in with promises of huge savings. I was fully prepared for disappointment, but the Kid K'nex I wanted (50% off) were still on the shelf, and there was even a $14 butterfly scooter left (it appeared to be the only one). They have rain checks too, so I felt safe going later in the day. Surprisingly, everything I wanted was in stock, so it all worked out perfectly.
Money saved, crazy crowds avoided. I have conquered.
2 comments:
So much for my theory about the early bird getting the worm. I'll go back to sleep next year.
I am totally with you on the door buster theory. I never get out of bed for them. I figure by the time I pay the ER copay it is pretty much sixes, so why waste the time right? Sounds like you made out like a bandit this year.
Post a Comment