...that I'm giddy about living in California and NOT MICHIGAN. (You can't see me but I'm grinning stupidly.) To the poor souls who are about to be on ice for several months, I truly apologize for this post, and I know that Amy is sticking out her tongue at me as we speak, but it
was her
blog that alerted me to my fortunate state today. (Watch out, I'm about to rub it in a little.) In honor of the Month of Gratitude (aka November), here are some things I am thankful for today:
- Chatterbox threw on her flip-flops to
- practice riding her bike outside (no training wheels, people!) during which
- I took the trash and recycling out comfortably barefoot and
- removed my jacket because I was hot. Also, my
- utilities bill has dropped from $150 during the hottest month to $80 since we
- don't have to turn on the heat!
In case you aren't perceptive enough to pick up my theme here (and if the purple highlighting didn't help) it's been gorgeous weather all week--mid to high 70's. I will grudgingly admit that we are unseasonably warm, though, and that the temperatures are about to drop quite a bit. Darn it all, it's gonna be in the 60's next week. Brrrr.
Thanks for the inspiration, Ame!
5 comments:
Same weather here! I tried to put on some pre-christmas music this morning. Just doesn't work when the boys are wearing shorts and eting breakfst on the patio. Just wait until the usually depressiong months of January, February, and March, that is when it truely pays to live south!
Hey Em, how do you change the font colors in the middle of your post? I m still lame at this bloging thin. Are you going home for any holidays?
ooh, you are in BIG trouble. And yes, my tongue is permanently sticking out at you. At least for a day or two! Enjoy the sunshine.
Lori, do you mean where it's purple? As you are writing your blog, you can highlight and there are commands along the top of the text box (like in Word). Just click on the box with the colors.
Home for the holidays Dec 28-Jan 5. Will you be around? Let's have a New Year's party!
Yeah! we are coming after christmas too. We should get together for sure.
Post a Comment