Where is your mom when she is tired? "In bed." What does your dad do when he is hungry? "Eats." When the third question came, though, she replied quickly and with enthusiasm. She knew the answer to this one. What do you do when you're cold? asked the doctor. Her eyes lit up and she wrapped her arms around herself and smiled as if imagining it: "I snuggle up with my cozy blanket." I suppressed a chuckle. I know just where my little one gets her affinity for coziness and comfort: from me.
Here are a few things that make me feel cozy--
- sipping and savoring a mug of hot chocolate
- the spicy scent of a wood burning fire in the fireplace and the sound of it crackling (we have one in our house this year and are enjoying it immensely)
- enveloping myself in a massive flannel quilt
- cuddling with my sweetheart
- wearing an oversized hooded sweatshirt and fuzzy socks
- holding my girlies on my lap and reading books
- sitting in the darkness with a lit Christmas tree and James Taylor or Sarah McLachlin's Christmas albums playing
- snuggling with a new baby. I need one!!
4 comments:
Great List! The last of course made me smile!
Your list made me grateful for winter - something I don't usually find much joy in. But it sure is a great time to be cozy and comfortable. Oh, and are you making an announcement with that last comment?
No, not an announcement, unfortunately. I will blog to the world when I have something good to tell. :)
Oh! Oh! I have a cuddly baby to snuggle with! K left early (6am) this morning, so I brought little K in bed with me. We had a great snuggle. Can't wait for the announcement blog.
Post a Comment