Friday, June 6, 2008

First offer

D had a day off yesterday, if you can call it that. He started it off with a bang by meeting with his accountant for over an hour, after which he met with an office designer. His dad and I met him at 11:30 to look at some houses, took a break for lunch, and kept at the house hunt until about 3:30, when we put in our first offer on a home. Don't get too excited (that's what I keep telling myself)--we offered pretty low and may not get this home at all, seeing as we aren't willing to pay even close to what they are asking. But why not try, right? I'll gush a little if they bother to counter. Until then, I'm not getting too excited.

I headed home to pick up my kids, but D continued his killer day off by contacting a lawyer to start setting up his corporation, and then meeting with a dentist he knows for some advice and hopeful referrals. He made it home around 6:30, just in time to put together the beds for the girls. I will post pictures, but the Pottery Barn comforters and shams I bought on sale months ago are lost in the bowels of storage, so you'll just have to imagine how cute they might have been. :) A busy day, and since I'd made the mistake of putting "painting" on our calendar, I was committed to paint hats with the girls before I could crash on the couch.

Pray for a miracle! This house is pretty great.

4 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

That day sounds terrible. Besides the part about maybe getting house. That part sounds great.

Glad it's you guys and not us. :)

Unknown said...

I feel like I am getting so behind in the know. I want to hear more details. I guess I will just have to come and visit.

Cluff Family said...

Cute new layout! What is D doing? It sounds like he is going out on his own. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going together for you guys. Hope you get the exact house you are looking for. :>