
So, I admit it--I watch American Idol. I've watched parts of most seasons, but usually there is something else better on. This time, no such luck. And now, of course, I am sucked in. Mostly because of this sweet kid. I mean, he's from Murray, Utah, so I have to love him, but there is just so much to adore about him. He has a gorgeous voice, he's humble, and he's always flashing an endearing grin.
Tonight I thought he sounded great but he wasn't as phenomenal as usual. The judges liked his performance fine, but had a few criticisms and weren't blown away as they have been in all the past shows. And for the first time most of the other guys put on pretty nice performances too; there may be some competition. I'll let you in on a little secret. Though I've never picked up the phone for a contestant before, tonight I cast at least 20 votes for this kid, feeling silly all the while. Are any of you closet Idol watchers?
11 comments:
I'll raise my hand, but not in closet shame. I love American Idol! I have never voted either, but I am rooting for David this year. Other picks are Joshua and Brooke.
I have never watched American Idol before. This year we are, and last night I was worried about David and we...called in...(Did we really just do that?) I can't believe how much I enjoy it- and how much time it takes!
I was a faithful Idol fan during the first and maybe the second season. I have a really hard time watching the first few shows with all the people trying out and most of them making complete fools of themselves. I just feel so embarrased for them and can't bare to watch. So I quit.
This season, however, my interest has been kindled once again but to no avail. My family and I are living with my Brother who does not have cable! It is great because I don't have to fight my kids 24/7 to turn off the TV but now we don't get to watch anything at all. I guess I will just have to rely on the little snippets I hear from those around me. Thanks for your little snippet today!
Dude - nothing to be ashamed of there. Archuleta all the way!
I am rooting for him too, or Brooke. I like them both. This is the first time that I have watched it, but I don't know if I will be voting any time soon. Although I love Dancing with the stars and So you think you can dance and I definitely vote for those two shows.
We've never been in the closet about American Idol! We love it, maybe because we think we can judge the contestants ourselves, but would we ever audition? No way! I am glad to know that there are others out there that still like the show. Oh, and by the way you are the front runner for Eli's prize so think happy thoughts!
Hmm, I really can't get into this show. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's Paula's bad wardrobe and incoherent rambling, or maybe it's that I don't even know when it's on. I like to watch it every few weeks for a minute or two, to catch the Sanjaya moments. Guess I should check out David!
Oh, amypete, the Paula comment is soooo true. That is my least favorite part of the whole thing. She makes me itch and squirm. At least 5 times a show I say, "BE QUIET PAULA!" and hit the fast forward on my Tivo. Tivo, by the way, makes all the difference in a show like this.
I'm liking Brooke more and more too. And I didn't mention how sweet it was to hear an electric guitar with a Lionel Ritchie song Tuesday night!
Tivo, that's what's missing. I might be able to watch if I had Tivo. I suggest skipping over ALL of Paula's comments, unless you want a good laugh or a reason to pull your hair out. I am unkind, I know. I will endeavor to think of 5 nice things to say about her. Nope, just one more not-so-nice one. I put one of her songs (a dance remix) on my running playlist for old times' sake (how do you punctuate that??), but can't stand it. I skip it every time. She is "Straight Up" not a very good singer. But she IS a good dancer. There, one nice thing.
I love American Idol and I can't get enough of David...I vote for him multiple times each week! I hope he goes all the way.
Every week we (Jason's in on it too) do our best to vote as many times as we can for Daivd A. and Brook. And I have to say that I really genuinely like each of them. It definitely makes American Idol interesting to watch when your "fully invested" (BYU footbal slogan). David has really set the bar high for himself with his first few performances.
Post a Comment