
I'd like to have a word or two with the Evil Genius who created Girl Scout cookies thin mints.
Observe one momentarily and you will, most likely, make the clever assumption that it's a cookie. After all, it's called a "Girl Scout cookie", so your logic is certainly on par. However, you have now become a victim of clever marketing. A thin mint is not, in fact, a cookie but rather just a measly bite of a cookie.
By definition (mine, anyway) a cookie must last for at least three bites. But pop a thin mint in your mouth, crunch a moment, and one cocoa-coated swallow later you're on to the next. Suddenly you've eaten 7, the pits in your molars are crammed with dense blackness, and you are just getting started.
It's a battle I've lost before it's begun. 'Don't buy them,' you say. But when Cute Little Neighbor Girl looks at me with her wide, I-hope-I-sell-enough-to-get-a-free-camera eyes, what can I do?! 'Tell her there's not a snowball's chance in hell that'll happen' I am hearing you say. Wow, you are cruel! I should have. I didn't. I bought five boxes, to be extra supportive, and I'll have you know I got a darling photo thank you card for my efforts.
Unfortunately, I also got a thin mint induced stomach-ache. And a healthy dislike for the man or woman who got me in this situation in the first place. Yes, you ... creator of the thin mint. Whoever you are. You are on my list.
Note: Yes, I am aware these so-called cookies are a horrible food to consume. Atrocious, in fact.
I found this "healthier" recipe online, though. In a month or two, when I've exhausted my supply (who am I kidding?!) next week when I've exhausted my supply, I'll give it a try.
7 comments:
who can stop with the thin mints, I get sucked in with the coconut carmel ones. Yummy. It is always with mixed feelings that I find out the girl scout cookie selling season is over and I haveen't been confronted to buy them, who can resist.
I get all kinds of salesman to my door, cleaning supplies, dish tv, cookie dough, books, but am yet to have a girl scout solicate .too bad for us and our lack of girl scout cookies.
You have to realize that when you are staring into that cute little neighborhood girl's eyes, behind those blue, watery orbs is a machine. A machine of consumerism, marketing, and capitalism, providing, distributing, and enslaving girl scouts everywhere in order to increase sales and shareholders' portfolios. Let Satan and his girl scout minions keep their so called "cookies."
Note: just think about this next time she approaches, and instead of buying cookies, maybe you'll give her a swift smack on the bottom and kick over her red flyer full of cookies.
Matt - that was good! (:
Polliwog: Those boxes are an afternoon snack at my house. They take about half an hour to consume.
I am okay with purchasing them each year because it's something to look forward to. Halloween comes, Christmas comes, then Girl Scout cookies come! But I always limit myself to 1 box thin mints, 1 box Samoas. (though they are called Caramel Delites here. And yes, I know how to spell delight.)
I too have fallen victim to the girl scouts and their highly addictive thin mints. I thank my lucky stars that I have not yet had a scout knock on my front door. Who knows how much damage I might do when there is no one watching. Instead they set up camp right outside my favorite grocery store and wait. They know I will come. Just one glance at the beautifully colored green box and I go into a trance. Before I know it I have purchased a box or 3 and have already downed a few!
Good luck with the "healthier" recipe. I don't think I dare try it. If they are anything like the real thing, I'd be sunk!
I am laughing so hard. This post, along with it's comments, has the be the funniest I have ever read! Thank you for always brightening my day when you post! I look forward to it. We don't have girl scouts coming to our door in NW IV thank goodness. That definitely wouldn't help me to lose the weight that I am trying to lose!
Bought our PC Caramel Delites (can't be Samoas anymore) yesterday at Lowe's hardware store, of all places. I'm okay to donate $7.00/year. The Edy's (or Dreyer's) Thin Mint ice cream is pretty darn good too. Curses!
Post a Comment