
Yep, those are daffodils in my front bed. I'd love to take credit for them, but since they sprang from the ground with no help from me, I just have to admire them. The kids are soaking up the sunshine. After preschool, we picked up Happy Meals (yes, I felt a bit guilty, but I wasn't on the ball enough to get a lunch packed before we left) and played at the park for an hour.


Mostly, though, C-box just wants to be riding her bike. D had a day off last week and took her to get a bigger bike. They came back with a *much* nicer bike than I'd expected (C-box was mostly enamored by the pink and purple butterflies and sparkly streamers dangling from the handles). She also had a new helmet (a quality one from the bike shop instead of the Target model I'd bought) and a pink bell for the bike. Oh, and a frosty. Spoiled, don't you agree? It's so dang cute to see her riding around like a maniac. The farm is a great place to learn to ride--lots of space and not too many hazards. She said to me last week, "Mom, do you know what I want to be when I grow up? A bike rider." A couple days later she varied it a tad by saying she wanted to be a mom. After pausing, she amended that statement to, "A mom who rides bikes."

Smidget was a little mad ("Mama, I nad!") that she didn't get anything new (nor did she get to go on the outing--instead she stayed home and had a nap with Mom. Now who is the "fun" parent?) but she enjoys riding around on the scooter, the push bike or her trike. Her favorite thing to do while I am working in the garden, though, is to sit in a big hole and get dirt all over herself. She also likes to dig in my garden with a naughty look in her eyes. When I tell her to "Stop it! There are seeds planted there!" she giggles and says, "Oh!" like she didn't know. But a few minutes later I see the wicked gleam and her hand hovering over my bed, just waiting for a reprimand. What is it with this kid?

As mentioned before, I am using the warm weather to foster a gardening interest. I hope to do a post on that topic specifically in the days to come. Here is a photo of D and me--the loose top doesn't show how my tummy looks (though my chest has grown substantially!!) but this is the only pic I have, so it will have to do. I am still in the "looking thick around the middle, but not having a cute bump to show for it" stage, though I suspect in the next week or two that will change. It was around 18-19 weeks with Smidget, and I was 17 on Saturday, so pretty soon ... Oh, and C-box took this photo, so it's preschool quality. Sorry.
9 comments:
It is great to read your blog! Congratulations on your pregnancy! While you are enjoying daffodils, just know that Michigan is getting 5" of snow tonight. Yup, don't you want to come back? We find out where we are matching on March 20th, I'll keep you posted. I miss you!!! -Lindz
What great pictures! We are waiting for that weather to make it up here. We have had teasers and hints, but no flowers yet. Congrats to Chatterbox on being the fantastic bike rider!! Jillise is still a bit too timid. I think this will be the summer, though. I can feel it!
Wow, spring in March what would that be like? Looks like fun. Wish we could go to the park with you, we miss you all.
You're glowing! Is it the pregnancy or all that fun in the California sun? I'm so jealous. Of the sun, not the pregnancy... at least not yet.
I am so jealous!!! I want Spring weather here. We were just in UT last week and it was 50s-60s all week. It was beautiful. That is a very good pic for a preschooler. The girls are so cute and I love her new bike. Keep showing us pics of warm weather to keep us in MI hopeful for what is to come for us.
I don't know what I'm more jealous about... your beautiful weather or your oh-so-cute pregnancy figure!
Loving the picture of you! Haven't seen one in a while and I miss you, as usual. I think I have that shirt. Is it a Costco special??
Your girls are so cute, your flowers are cute, and of course you and D are cute too!
What is this sun and warmth you speak of? Is it a local California special?
Good to see pics of you, hope all is well.
Todd
So Darling... i need to borrow your farm and the sunny weather for my boys!! how they would love to get out of the house and out of the stroller..
We miss you.. your picture of you and D is darling..
Post a Comment