Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's a ....

So, come August (or if I'm lucky, July) our grand family total will be three, count 'em--THREE little girls. D will be irrecoverably outnumbered. I'll admit to a tinge of disappointment (based entirely on the fact that I've grown tired of the same clothes and was hoping for an excuse to buy new) but truly I was expecting it to be a girl and since our girls have brought us so much joy, who can be too sad?

She has a cousin (D's side) in Fresno due just 2 months before her, also a girl, and a boy (my brother's) who will be making his arrival in the next few weeks, so she'll be in good company. The best news is that she is healthy and looks to be growing well.

Now maybe D will actually talk names with me. I'm not holding my breath, though.

20 comments:

amydear said...

Yeah for girls! I love my two, but I love my boy too. Maybe it will happen next time . . . We all can't wait to see what a cutie she is. Have you thought of any names? Hope you're enjoying your trip home.

Paige said...

Yay!!! I love little girls. And who better to raise a house full of estrogen than a tried and true JUNIOR HIGH TEACHER??? Congratulations. I'm glad she looks heatlthy. Good luck discussing names. That is always hard for us, too.

Crystal and Jake said...

Hip Hip Hooray for another little girl Freeman cousin to play with. What is with the Freeman's and little girls huh? Some how I feel as though I will soon find myself with a gaggle of girls as well.

Paradise said...

Emmie I am so excited for you! You do so well with little girls, and who cares, go buy her some new clothes. If you keep your trend you'll have her in July for sure. Have a good time with your family in Utah. I hope it doesn't snow on you!

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

Great news! I'm happy for all of you. I think D is just destined to be surrounded by a throng of adoring daughters. We miss you guys. I need to call you! I get all of my Emily updates from secondary sources.

Unknown said...

Hurray for sugar and spice and everything nice!

J-Dawg said...

hey - congrats! little girls are the best!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! Since you guys have beautiful girls, why not have 5 more? Just think, Em, you could have your own basketball team, softball team, or volleyball team-- or, maybe they will even quilt with you. Since the daughters are usually the ones that take care of their parents, you guys will truly be blessed as life progresses. Wish we were there to give you a hug in person-- yippee! We need to chat in person soon!!! Love ya!

Kierstin said...

Okay, I must have missed something somewhere because I didn't even realize you were pregnant. Congrats on the pregnancy and a bigger congrats on another healthy little girl!! As the oldest of an all girl family, I'd definitely have to say that girls are awesome. We're so excited for you.

Susie said...

Aw. She'll be born in a different season than your other two. Perfect excuse to invest in a new outfit or 20. Yea for you! I'm still trying to best you by being the first to have four girls! Race you? :)

Courtney said...

Hooray for girls! And don't feel guilty about the twinge of disappointment. I will admit that boy clothes are fun after two girls, but I think it would feel strange not to have little baby dresses again. I hope you're feeling well.

Angie said...

Congrats on a little girl! That's so exciting. I would totally go out and buy new clothes if I were you! D will love being the dad to 3 girls, he is so wonderful with the other 2. We love you guys!

Todd and Anna said...

Girls rule!

Todd

Liz said...

Emily, that's just wonderful news. If I can't seem to have any girls I'm glad someone else can! I was really sad when we found out Eli was a boy, but I had a few months to get used to it. After crying for awhile I told Chris I needed to buy the baby a new outfit, and not something on sale. After that I kept finding more cute outfits for him and I got used to the idea of have four crazy BYU fans in my home. Now that Eli is here I wouldn't trade him for any girl. Now that question is how do I convince Chris to try for one more? Congrats!

amie said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Children are so wonderful no matter what 'kind' they are! My Brother and his wife just found out they are having another boy--they were a little bummed as well because they wanted another girl. They will have 3 and 1. I guess they just come how they come.

Good luck on name choosing! It can be so hard!

Woods said...

So exciting! I love little sweet girls, and yours are SO sweet. It was so fun to see you for two quick seconds. Hope you're doing well.

caligirl said...

So I guess we can't have Fantasy now, dang! I guess it is back to the drawing board for us!! Congrats, our little ??? needs to have someone to play with, right:-)

Emily said...

Congrats Em...that is exciting.When you make them that cute you might as well have another! I find out next week!

Maren Hansen said...

you could've guessed this, but i'm totally excited that you are on #3 sugar'n'spice... and really, after two kids, this one deserves some new clothes. when i had shrimp, Trina brought me the cutest blanket and said, "third children need new blankets and clothes". i agree whole-heartedly, though i think it may be the mother of third children that needs the new duds. happy crafting--you are my hero!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I would love another baby girl. It is way too long (10 years) since I got to play dress up with my own baby doll!